College Closure Update 11.04.20: Free School Meals
Update 11th April 2020
- Free School Meals: STILL NO E-CODES
- We decided to join the Government voucher scheme for Free School Meals because with our semi-rural catchment other methods of providing FSM are complex and cannot possibly reach everyone.
- The amount will be £15 per child per week. We intended to overlap the Government scheme with our previous one for w/b 6th April to make up for a £3 per week difference between schemes, but wait to see if the Government will backdate the date of issue of e-codes.
- We were accepted on to the scheme on Tuesday 7th April, but technical issues and overload means that Edenred (the Government contractor) has not yet issued e-codes to parents.
- We had been assured that e-codes were to have been issued on 9th or 10th April, but the delay has persisted and I know several schools in London, Manchester and elsewhere are experiencing the same problems. Presumably because it is the Easter bank holiday weekend, Edenred is not taking calls or answering e-mails.
- The vouchers we issued through Voucher Exchange take families up to Sunday 12th If the Government scheme has not issued e-codes by Tuesday, 14th April, we will order more vouchers through Voucher Exchange (for £15) to cover w/b 13th April.
LINKS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
This is the Government’s guidance to parents:
The following link is the government’s advice to schools, last updated 26th March
Guidance to Educational Settings About Covid-19
The next link is Devon County Council’s dedicated website for parents for Coronavirus advice
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline:
Phone: 0800 046 8687 Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Should you have any specific queries regarding Covid-19 and Clyst Vale, please e-mail Mrs Ann Hopkins (College Manager) on .
Kevin Bawn, Principal